Vermont Flag Site Logo
Virtual Cemetery

Annapolis National Cemetery, Annapolis, MD

An overall photograph is not available for this cemetery




Larger Map/Directions      GPS Coordinates: 38.97719,-76.50582

Originally Ash Grove Cemetery (private)

800 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 644-9696
FAX: (410) 644-1563

Annapolis was one of the 14 national cemeteries established by President Abraham Lincoln in 1862. The original land was leased in Aug. 1862 from a local resident, Nicholas Brewer, for a period of 99 years. Five years later, Brewer’s heirs sold the land outright to the federal government.

During the Civil War, Annapolis was the site of a Union training and recruiting center. Despite the government’s best efforts to keep the camps sanitary, a large number of men died due to illnesses such as small pox and typhoid, as well as accidents and violence. As a result, most original interments at the cemetery were men who died at the training camps or nearby hospitals.

For additional information, see the VA website

Soldiers buried here with photographs:

    Graves or Cenotaphs on Findagrave

    Graves believed to be here (no photos yet)