Hot Springs National Cemetery, Hot Springs, SD
Larger Map/Directions GPS Coordinates: 43.44003,-103.4723
Hot Springs National Cemetery is located in Fall River County, S.D., on the northeast edge of Hot Springs, S.D.
In 1902, a National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers was approved for the Hot Springs area and construction was completed in 1907. The home was originally named the Battle Mountain Sanitarium after a nearby mountain peak. The cemetery was established for the interment of veterans who died while residing at the home. In 1930, the home became part of the Veterans Administration and, in 1973, the cemetery was one of 21 cemeteries transferred to what was then known as the National Cemetery System. Hot Springs National Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Soldiers buried here with photographs:
Graves or Cenotaphs on Findagrave