Age: 29, credited to Williston, VTVITALS
Birth: 04/14/1834, Athens, PQ, CanadaADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Alias?: None notedDESCENDANTS
Pleasant View Cemetery, Jericho, VT
Check the cemetery for location/directions
and other veterans who may be buried there.
Prentiss L. Bullock was b. in Clarenceville, Canada, in 1835 a.m. Catherine Kelly in 1855. They had 5 children who came to adult age.
1. Sophia, b. in Canada in 1858. She m. Wilson Curtis
2. Louise, b. in Canada in 1860; m. Byron Phelps. She d. 1904.
3. Edith, b. in Willison in 1866; m. Will Buxton of Jericho. Four children: Leon, Ruth, Elby and Vernon. Leon m. Lucy Cayo. They live in Burlington and have two children.
4. Martha A., b. in Canada in 1869. She m. William McKannon of Burlington ; to them were b. three children.
5. Marlin A., b. in Canada in 1869. He m. Cora Buxton in 1893, and they have six children : Earl, b. in Burlington in 1894 ; Bernice, b. 1897 ; Doris, b. 1901 ; Inez b. 1907 ; Ethel, b. 1909 ; Pearl, b. 1913. Marlin resided on the farm recently purchased from Seth M. Packard.
Prentiss was a Union soldier in the war of 1861. He enlisted at Willison, Dec. 17, 1863, in Co. D, 8th Vt. Vols., and served till discharged, July 5, 1865. He has since lived in Jericho. His wife d. in 1910.
Chauncey H. Hayden, et al, , The History of Jericho Vermont The Free Press Printing Co., Printers and Binders, Burlington, Vt., 1916), p. 417.
Contributed by Peter Flood
Jericho --- The body of P. S. Bullock, who died at Colchester Friday after a years failing heath, was brought here Saturday afternoon to the home of Wilson Curtis, where services were held on Monday afternoon, at 2 o'clock. Mr. Bullock's death occurred at the home of his son, Martin Bullock.
Burlington Weekly Free Press, Feb. 19, 1920
Courtesy of Deanna French