Age: 29, credited to Williston, VT
Unit(s): 8th VT INF
Service: enl 12/17/63, m/i 1/14/64, Pvt, Co. D, 8th VT INF, m/o 6/28/65
See Legend for expansion of abbreviationsVITALS
Birth: 04/14/1834, Athens, PQ, Canada
Burial: Pleasant View Cemetery, Jericho, VT
Marker/Plot: Not recorded
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Kathy Valloch
Findagrave Memorial #: 0
(There may be a Findagrave Memorial, but we have not recorded it)
Alias?: None noted
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)
(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)
Pleasant View Cemetery, Jericho, VT
Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.
Prentiss L. Bullock was b. in Clarenceville, Canada, in 1835 a.m. Catherine Kelly in 1855. They had 5 children who came to adult age.
1. Sophia, b. in Canada in 1858. She m. Wilson Curtis
2. Louise, b. in Canada in 1860; m. Byron Phelps. She d. 1904.
3. Edith, b. in Willison in 1866; m. Will Buxton of Jericho. Four children: Leon, Ruth, Elby and Vernon. Leon m. Lucy Cayo. They live in Burlington and have two children.
4. Martha A., b. in Canada in 1869. She m. William McKannon of Burlington ; to them were b. three children.
5. Marlin A., b. in Canada in 1869. He m. Cora Buxton in 1893, and they have six children : Earl, b. in Burlington in 1894 ; Bernice, b. 1897 ; Doris, b. 1901 ; Inez b. 1907 ; Ethel, b. 1909 ; Pearl, b. 1913. Marlin resided on the farm recently purchased from Seth M. Packard.
Prentiss was a Union soldier in the war of 1861. He enlisted at Willison, Dec. 17, 1863, in Co. D, 8th Vt. Vols., and served till discharged, July 5, 1865. He has since lived in Jericho. His wife d. in 1910.
Chauncey H. Hayden, et al, , The History of Jericho Vermont The Free Press Printing Co., Printers and Binders, Burlington, Vt., 1916), p. 417.
Contributed by Peter Flood
Colchester -- Prentice Bullock died at the home of his son, M. Bullock , at 4 o'clock Friday morning. He was born in Clarenceville, Can. April 14, 1833. About 40 years of his life was spent in Jericho, coming to Colchester with his son about six months ago. He is survived by his son, with whom he made his home, three daughters and several grandchildren. The funeral was held Monday afternoon at Jericho.
Jericho --- The body of P. S. Bullock, who died at Colchester Friday after a years failing health, was brought here Saturday afternoon to the home of Wilson Curtis, where services were held Monday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Mr. Bullock's death occurred at the home of his son, Marlin Bullock.
Source: Burlington Weekly Free Press, Feb. 19, 1920
Courtesy of Deanna French