Hale, Samuel Adams
Age: 28, credited to Underhill, VT
Unit(s): 1st VT CAV
Service: enl 8/15/62, m/i 9/29/62, Pvt, Co. L, 1st VT CAV, m/o 6/21/65
See Legend for expansion of abbreviationsVITALS
Birth: 1834, Unknown
Burial: Underhill Flats Cemetery, Underhill, VT
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Kathy Valloch
Findagrave Memorial #: 32678791
Alias?: None noted
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)
(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)
Underhill Flats Cemetery, Underhill, VT
Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.
Samuel Adams Hale, the son of Jonas and Sarah Parker Hale, was b. Feb. 13, 1835. March 5, 1854, at Chelmsford, Mass., Mr. Hale m. Sarah Edwards, the dau. Of Oliver and Lucy Nichols Edwards, who was b. Jan. 20, 1834. Five children were born to them :
(1) Henry H. was b. Dec 12, 1854, m. Fannie J. Locklin May 18, 1873, to whom were b. five children ........
(2) The second child, b. to Sarah and Samuel A. Hale was Emma J., in 1858 who d. in infancy.
(3) Emma M. was b. Apr. 30, 1859, who, May 10, 1877, m. Wallace C. Stevens, son of Erastus and Ann Stevens. ......
(4) Lena L. Hale, forth child of Samuel A. Hale, was b. June 23, 1861, and d. Aug. 23, 1881.
(5) Wallace C. Hale, fifth child of Samuel A. Hale, was b. May 3, 1869, m. Sophronia Rogers in Oct., 1890. Three children were born to them......
Samuel A. Hale m. 2 Mrs. Mary C. MacGibbon, who survives him. Samuel A. Hale d. Feb. 8, 1907.
Samuel Hale has been a resident of Jericho for many years. He butchered and sold meats for over 40 years, doing a very extensive business. He was industrious and honest, a genuine builder, a good neighbor, and a true hearted citizen. He was a soldier in the War of the Rebellion and is said to have taken part in 32 battles. He was a member of L. H. Bostwick Post of the Grand Army of the Republic .
Chauncey H. Hayden, et al, , The History of Jericho Vermont The Free Press Printing Co., Printers and Binders, Burlington, Vt., 1916), p. 488-489.
Contributed by Peter Flood