Loomis, William A.
Age: 0, credited to Lyndon, VT
Unit(s): 11th MA INF
Service: 11th MA INF
See Legend for expansion of abbreviationsVITALS
Birth: 09/29/1839, Unknown
Burial: Lyndon Center Cemetery, Lyndon, VT
Marker/Plot: Not recorded
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Carolyn Adams
Findagrave Memorial #: 151306613
Alias?: None noted
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)
(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)
Lyndon Center Cemetery, Lyndon, VT
Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.
W. A. Loomis died very suddenly Saturday morning, his death being a great shock to his family and friends. He went to his work in the railroad shop as usual, and seemed to be well. In a short time, however, he began to feel ill, and went home, to expire in a very short time. William Angelo Loomis was born in Middlesex, the son of Eleazer and Philena Chatterton Loomis. He lived and worked in Lowell and Fitchburg, Mass., until 1886, when he moved to Lyndonville, which has since been his home. He was first married in Lowell, in 1861, to Miss Augusta Stinson. Two children were born to them, Herbert, who died, and Gertrude, now the wife of Prof. Merritt M. Harris. Mrs. Loomis died Oct. 21, 1902. On Oct. 2, 1906, Mr. Loomis married Mrs. Clara Caswell of this place who survives him. He was a veteran of the civil war, serving through the war. He was a Mason, a member of the Order of the Red Men. In his church relations he had been for many years a member and for some time a deacon in the Congregational church, was much interested in the Sunday school and Christian Endeavor work. He was a man of sterling character, upright and honorable in all his dealings, devoted to his family, respected and honored by a large circle of friends. Much sympathy is felt for his widow and daughter in their sudden bereavement. Funeral services will be held this afternoon in the Congregational church.
Source: St. Johnsbury Caledonian, Dec, 7, 1910
Courtesy of Tom Boudreau.