Site Logo
Home | Battles | Cemeteries | Descendants | Find A Soldier | Towns | Units | Site Map

Wooster, Henry H.


Age: 17, credited to Highgate, VT
Unit(s): 1st VT INF, 7th VT INF
Service: enl 5/2/61, m/i 5/9/61, Pvt, Co. A, 1st VT INF, m/o 8/15/61; enl 12/3/61, m/i 2/12/62, CPL, Co. F, 7th VT INF, een 2/16/64, dis/dsb m/o 6/12/65

See Legend for expansion of abbreviations


Birth: 01/15/1844, Fairfield, VT
Death: 02/15/1933

Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, St. Albans, VT
Marker/Plot: Not recorded
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Kathy Valloch
Findagrave Memorial #: 147160111


Alias?: None noted
Pension?: Yes, 12/11/1865
Portrait?: Unknown
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)

Remarks: None


(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)


Copyright notice



Greenwood Cemetery, St. Albans, VT

Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.


Henry B. Wooster Dies

Henry Howard Wooster, a veteran of the Civil War and one of the last two members of A. R. Hurlbut Post, No. 60, G.A.R., of this city, died Wednesday afternoon at 1 o'clock at his home on Upper Welden street. His passing leaves only Adelbert S. Greene, commander of the local G.A.R. among the men who went from this section of Vermont to take part in the war between the states.

Mr. Wooster, who was 83 years old, is survived by one daughter, Mrs. D. H. Switzer of Bellows Falls, one brother, Herbert Wooster of this city and four nephews, Walter Harris and John Mack of Shelburne and C. W. Anderson of New York, and one niece, Mrs. Henry Tracy of Shelburne.

the deceased was a member of A. R. Hurlbut Post, No. 60, G.A.R., and St. Albans Lodge No. 31, I.O.O.F.

the funeral will be held at his late home Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock with burial in Greenwood cemetery.

Mr. Wooster entered the service of the North when he enlisted with Company F, 9th Vermont Infantry. After three months he was transferred to another unit where he served for three years until the close of the war.

Source: Burlington Free Press, February 16, 1933
Courtesy of Tom Boudreau.