Site Logo
Home Page | Cemeteries | Battles | Descendants | Find A Soldier | Towns | Units | Site Map

Pattison, Daniel C.


Age: 45, credited to Unknown
Unit(s): 1st VT CAV
Service: enl 11/6/61, m/i 11/19/61, Pvt, Co. G, 1st VT CAV, pow, Middletown, 5/24/62, prld 9/13/62, m/o 1/6/63

See Legend for expansion of abbreviations


Birth: abt 1816, Heath, MA
Death: 09/19/1884

Burial: Hillside Cemetery, North Adams, MA
Marker/Plot: Not recorded
Gravestone researcher/photographer: Tom Boudreau

Findagrave Memorial #: 0
(There may be a Findagrave Memorial, but we have not recorded it)


Alias?: None noted
Pension?: Not found
Portrait?: Unknown
College?: Not Found
Veterans Home?: Not Found
(If there are state digraphs above, this soldier spent some time in a state or national soldiers' home in that state after the war)

Remarks: None


(Are you a descendant, but not listed? Register today)


Copyright notice


Hillside Cemetery, North Adams, MA

Check the cemetery for location/directions and other veterans who may be buried there.

Daniel C. Pattison

North Adams Transcript
September 25, 1884


When Albert C. Pattison's folks returned to their home on Morton Hill Monday afternoon, they found Daniel C. Pattison, Mr. Pattison's father, up stairs in the barn, a short distance from the house, suffering terrible agony. The balance of some Paris green That had been used for potato bugs, that left in the barn, was found near him and it was soon learned that he had taken a large dose of it. A messenger was immediately summoned to this village, and Dr. Millard was called and id all he could, but in vain; the unfortunate man died about 3 o'clock Tuesday morning, after having suffered terrible agony.

A few weeks ago the deceased received $88.50 in pension money and gave some of it to his son and daughter to save, but afterwards, becoming intoxicated, demanded it, and as Mr. Pattison did not want him to have it in this condition there was some little dispute. The money was finally given to him and he went to cattleshow. After that he stayed in the village so much that he became partially crazed and went home and took the Paris green while in this state.

The deceased was born in Heath, Mass., and lived in North Adams almost all his life. He leaves a large family, who have the sympathy of many friends in this trial and affliction. The funeral was held at 3 o'clock this Wednesday afternoon.

Contributed by Tom Boudreau.