United States Sharpshooters
Each unit has a basic set of material common to all or most members of the unit, or the unit as a whole. Early on in the project, biographies, obituaries, photographs and college information was not included with a soldiers record, but were 'add-ons.' Today they are incorporated into his basic record, and are no longer listed herein.
- "Benedict" will include an extract from Vermont historian George Grenville Benedict's 'Vermont in the Civil War,' which provides a fairly detailed account of the history of this unit.
- "Bibliography" is a listing of known books, manuscripts, diaries, journals, letters, etc., and their location. (Will soon be tailored to this unit).
- "Medal of Honor" will list information on those men who served in these units.
- "Resources" is a list of material on this site.
- "Links" is a list of material related to the unit(s) off-site.
- "Timeline" is a simplified timeline for the unit, with most entries linking to additional material on the site.